To earn Departmental Honors in the Bachelors of Integrated Studies program, a student must:
- Declare a Bachelor of Integrated Studies Degree.
- Complete all BIS Degree requirements.
- Earn a 3.7, 3.6, or 3.5 GPA, depending on the number of community involvement hours completed, among the 3 areas of emphases.
- Earn an “A” in BIS 4800, the BIS Capstone project.
- Register with the Center for Community Engaged Learning (formally Community Involvement Center) and complete the following community service hours depending on cumulative GPA in the 3 areas of emphases.
- 3.70 – 20 hours of community service
- 3.60 – 30 hours of community service
- 3.50 – 40 hours of community service
Students who have not completed their General Education requirements are encouraged to take Honors General Education classes.