Writing Center Tutoring
The Davis writing center is now open! Come visit us in D2 RM 214.
- You can meet with a tutor in real time online and in-person on campus.
- Schedule a Writing Session
- Get feedback on a paper online, but be aware it may take a few days to get it back. Click the link to go to the submission page.
- If you need more assistance, please call 801-395-3569, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutoring is free to all WSU students for their WSU courses.
Fall Semester Closures: Sept. 6, Oct. 22, Nov. 25-27
The Writing Center is a place where students can consult with tutors about writing for any WSU course or about other writing projects. Our Writing Center also serves as the Developmental English Learning Center which serves students in English 0900, 0955, and 1010.
Our focus is to support students in improving their writing skills. We can help at any stage of the writing process. For example, we can help with:
- brainstorming ideas
- strengthening logic
- developing and clarifying paragraphs
- improving introductions and conclusions
- using sources and creating citations
- proofreading for grammar and punctuation
You can come during drop-in hours or make an appointment. Try to come at least several days before your paper is due. If you need to come shortly before the due date, an appointment is recommended.
To access an online appointment: use the TutorTrac app in your eWeber portal. A button to enter the appointment will appear 10 minutes before the appointment begins. Online appointments with the Davis Writing Center are through GoBoard or Zoom.
Fall 2021 in Person Drop-In Tutoring Hours
M 12 - 2:30 PM & 3 - 5:30 PM
T 12 - 2:30 PM & 3 - 5:30 PM
W 12 - 2:30 PM & 3 - 5:30 PM
TH 12 - 2:30 PM & 3 - 5:30 PM
F Online Appointments
S Online Appointments
Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Writing Tutoring at WSU Ogden or Online
Davis Learning Center: 2750 University Park Blvd. | Layton, UT 84041 - D2 214 (2nd floor) | 801-395-3569