- Our office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for lounge use, programming, resource pantry, as well as walk-in and appointment Safe@Weber Advocacy Services.
- We will also be serving our students virtually during business hours. Our virtual services include: advocacy appointments (on request), programming and resource referrals. You may access us online through email@example.com. If you'd prefer a virtual appointment, please let us know.
- Check out our extended office hours on Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We offer lounge space for studying and occassional programming. Follow us @WeberStateWomensCenter on Instagram and Facebook for more updates about programs and events!
- Safe@Weber Advocacy Services will only be available Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Additional times will be available on a case-by-case basis, contact us for more information.
The WSU Women’s Center advocates for the best educational experience for all by addressing systemic oppression, empowering communities, and working toward a shared vision of gender equity in pursuit of a safe, inclusive, and compassionate campus. We enact our values of gender equity, intersectionality, and advocacy through our three programs: Safe@Weber Violence Prevention & Advocacy Services, Education & Empowerment, and Leadership & Engagement.
Safe@Weber Advocacy Services:
We know that experiencing harassment or violence can have a negative impact on your academic success and/or safety on campus, regardless of when it happened, where it occurred, or who perpetrated it. We want to help you access resources that can lead to healing and continued success at Weber State University.
Safe@Weber Advocacy Services provides confidential support for survivors needing help in any aspect of life impacted by sexual assault, sexual harassment, domestic or dating violence, and stalking. Our certified and trauma-informed advocates will listen to you, believe you, and guide you through your options. Whatever you choose to do next, we strive to ensure you feel safe and supported.
Anyone at Weber State who is a victim/survivor or has experienced discrimination, harassment, or violence can access Advocacy Services through Safe@Weber. Advocacy Services are available to everyone, inclusive of sex, gender identity/expression, and sexual orientation.
A Safe@Weber Advocate can help you with:
- Developing a safety plan by identifying resources and strengths and assistance with supportive measures such as no-contact directives and class/housing changes, etc.
- Assistance with reporting sexual misconduct (sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, stalking) to the WSU Office for Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity (Title IX coordinators) and reporting crimes to Weber State Police Department or another law enforcement agency.
- Support such as advocacy during institutional and law enforcement investigations (including presence during interviews and court appearances), assistance with institutional petitions, assistance with civil orders such as domestic/dating violence protective orders and stalking injunctions and referrals to counseling, medical services, legal and financial resources and distribution of the Safe@Weber Emergency Survivor Fund.
The Women's Center staff is not required to report discrimination, harassment, or sexual misconduct to the Office of Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity unless the victim/survivor wants our support in reporting to the institution. We are Campus Security Authorities and we do have to share some limited information with the Weber State Police about crimes committed on campus. Come talk to us so we can tell you more.
Community Confidential Resources:
YCC Family Crisis Center (Weber & Morgan counties)
24/7 Crisis Line: 801-392-7273
Safe Harbor (Davis county)
24/7 Crisis Line: 801-444-9161
Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault
24/7 Rape Crisis and Info Hotline: 1-888-421-1100
Utah Domestic Violence Coalition
24/7 LINK Line: 1-800-897-LINK (5465)
3910 West Campus Drive, Dept. 2127
Ogden, UT 84408-2127
Shepherd Union: Room 323
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Extended Hours on Wednesdays
(to be contacted by an Advocate)