Resources to Survive Finals Week
Free Academic Help
To help you with your academic needs, WSU offers tons of free Tutoring in a variety of topics both appointment and drop-in and Academic Peer Coaching to help you learn how to learn.
Free Stress Relief & Relaxation Resources
- Study over several short periods of time instead of cramming.
- Pick a time to study.
- Organize your study space and decide if you need silence or light noise to focus.
- Create a to-do list with all of your assignments to stay organized.
- Create a study guide to help you outline important information.
- Color code your notes by exam questions and important things to remember.
- Organize a virtual study group.
- Take breaks to recharge and relax.
- Get enough sleep so your mind can be focused.
- Eat plenty of fruits, brain foods and stay hydrated.
The 5 W's to an Effective Study Group
Study groups can be extremely helpful at any point in the semester, but you may get the most out of them if you start at the beginning. Here are a few ways to, hopefully, make creating a study group slightly easier. Read More
Gamify Your Study Routine
Game-based learning is an activity designed around game elements. An example of this learning method you may have seen here at Weber State is classroom-response systems such as TopHat, Poll Everywhere, and Kahoot. These programs provide a platform for group participation or activities for which students earn progress points. Read More
- Get started, motivation will catch up with you!
- Give yourself some accountability! Tell your family, friends or even social media. Check in regularly to show where you are in the process.
- Blast that awesome playlist you've been working on to keep you going! Don't have one made yet, ask some friends to share theirs.
- Now's the time to be a glass-half-full kind of person. Even if you're not naturally optimistic, try to reframe your thought process.
- Create a little friendly competition with family, colleagues or friends!
- Remind yourself of your "Why," write it down, and put it somewhere you'll see it often.
Becoming (and Staying) Motivated
Without motivation, we are unlikely to challenge ourselves, experience personal growth, or set and achieve goals. Knowing how you get motivated can increase your productivity, increase your quality of work, and create a higher level of fulfillment as well as decrease stress and procrastination. However, we all know that becoming (and staying) motivated is harder than it seems. Read More
4 Ideas to Help Reduce Procrastination Habits
We are all guilty of procrastinating. Whether you procrastinate responding to emails, put off completing school assignments, wait until the last minute to go grocery shopping or finish the laundry...or even pressing the snooze button when waking up in the morning ;) We are all procrastinators in some way. Read More
In this episode of C.O.A.C.H, the coaches will be discussing mindfulness and how it is linked to your motivation.
In this episode, the coaches share their textbook horror stories, introduce the SQ3R Method, and discuss what to avoid when reading textbooks.
In this episode, the coaches discuss how being intentional can benefit you and your schoolwork. Begin your journey of being more intentional!
Upcoming Free Events
Finals Survival Kits
Get your Finals Survival Kit that includes play dough brand scented doug, herbal tea bags, gum, coloring pages, bubble wrap, chocolate, granola bar and tote!
Kits will be available for pickup on Dec. 4 and 5 in the Wildcat Center 210 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. both days. Whatever is left over from the 200 kits will be distributed first-come-first-serve in the Union on Dec. 6 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (or as long as they last). A limited number of kits will be available at WSU Davis at the Student Services desk in D2.
Week Before Finals Giveaways
Follow Campus Recreation to find giveaways the week before finals (Dec. 4-8) on Instagram and at the Wildcat Center and stress relief tips the week of finals!
Follow Student Life to find stories from other students, academic resources, services, and event info.