Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
How to apply for benefits and register at Weber State University:
Apply for your Active Duty GI Bill by filling out an application, and send it to the Veterans Affairs Administration. This can be accomplished in three ways:
- Complete the application online. Once you have received your certificate of eligibility from the VA, bring it into our office so that we can begin the certification process.
- Print the application and bring it to our office.
- Pick up the application at our office during normal business hours.
*Please Note - Some or all of the following may be needed:
- A copy of your birth certificate, adoption papers, marriage license, or other documentation that establishes your relationship to the veteran.
- If you will be over 26 years old before all the benefits are used, and the veteran was disabled or deceased after you turned 18 years old, please submit a copy of the veteran’s Disability Rating Letter or Death Certificate.
Supply our office with a copy of your class schedule. This will need to be done each and every semester that you want to use your educational benefits.