Why choose Health Sciences at WSU?
- The Associate of Science in Health Sciences (ASHS) degree includes the prerequisite course work for other WSU Health Professions programs.
- Six different degree tracks to choose from, allows students to customize their degree.
- A completed AS degree transfers much better than individual classes.
- An ASHS degree is an important milestone in the pursuit of any career in health and medical related fields.
What degrees are available?
An Associate of Science (AS) with an emphasis in:
- Health Sciences - General Track
- Health Sciences - Dental Hygiene Track
- Health Sciences - Medical Laboratory Sciences Track
- Health Sciences - Nursing Track
- Health Sciences - Radiologic Sciences Track
- Health Sciences - Respiratory Therapy Track
What degrees are offered through distance learning?
The majority of our courses are available online or through independent study.
Please go to WSU Online for more information.
What are the advantages of the program?
By individualizing our ASHS tracks, we can help prepare you for your chosen program, while you are earning your Associate of Science degree. This degree will advance your knowledge for any entry level program or profession in a variety of health and/or medical related fields. There are many opportunities in these correlated fields such as: health care accountant, medical illustrator, bilingual health educator, health care technical writer, medical sales, criminal justice worker, music therapist, medical secretary, medical social worker, and many more.
In addition, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the language of medicine, the complexities of the human body, and the response of the biological system to diseases. You will have provided yourself with an enriched education in the health sciences areas from which you can build and advance learning opportunities or any number of careers.
How do I begin?
The General Education (GE) requirements of the university are part of the degree, but remember that classes required for General Education are also prerequisites for the health professions programs. All students pursuing an ASHS must complete the core Health Sciences courses, and the remaining courses you complete depend on the track you select. This is an open-enrollment program. The application process is open throughout the academic year, with a $25 program fee.
Want to know more?
For more information, please contact us at:
The Health Sciences Department
Or visit us at:
Weber State University
Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions
The Health Sciences Department - MH 109
3909 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-3909