Departmental Honors in Zoology
The Department of Zoology offers a Departmental Honors award in collaboration with the Honors Program. Departmental honors is a way to recognize students who have attained the highest academic achievement in their coursework and who have successfully completed original research in the discipline.
Earning the honors designation confers additional distinction to a student’s academic achievement by identifying them as exceptional to professional school admissions committees, graduate programs, and prospective employers.
1. Complete basic course requirements for Zoology, including 28 credits of required courses, 12 Zoology elective course credits, and required support courses.
2. Minimum overall GPA of 3.7
3. Completion of Zoology 4970 (Thesis) with a grade of “A” as the culmination of an undergraduate research project conducted under faculty supervision. Registration for the thesis should be preceded by at least two semesters of research. Students completing ZOOL 4970 for Honors are required to produce a written report and give an oral presentation in the department.
How to Apply for Departmental Honors in Zoology:
Complete the application for Departmental Honors via the Honors Program website.
Benefits of Departmental Honors:
- “Department of Zoology Honors” designation on the transcript.
- “Department of Zoology Honors” printed on degree diploma.
- A personalized letter signed by the President of Weber State University and the Honors Director.
- Invitations to Honors educational and social events.
- Invitation to Honors Nye-Cortez banquet at the end of the academic year.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Visit the Faculty & Staff page
for list of Advisors.
Weber State University
Department of Zoology
1415 Edvalson St., Dept. 2505
Ogden, UT 84408-2505
Tracy Hall Science Center (TY)
Room 402, Mail Code 2505
Click for campus map