Women's Center Student Assistant Positions
The Women's Center offers hourly positions for student staff members. All students involved with the Women’s Center receive training on office administration, violence prevention and advocacy, feminist leadership, various social justice topics, and a wide variety of professional skills.
- Holistic leadership development
- Opportunities to practice connecting academic learning with co-curricular learning and meaningful work
- Training in feminist theory, violence prevention, advocacy services, social justice education, professional competencies, and office administration
- Opportunities to build a portfolio of work highlighting original projects, presentations, and documents
Expectations and Requirements
- Students' projects focus on intersections between the student’s personal, professional development, or academic goals, as well as the Women’s Center’s mission and goals
- 10-20 hours working in the office per week, depending on the position (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)
- Extended training before each semester (1-day staff retreats) and 2-3 hours of team meetings per week (included in the students' 20 hours of work)
How To Apply
- Check out WSU's Human Resources website for our open Student Assistant positions and full job descriptions! We have four positions: two Operations & Outreach Assistants and two Education & Empowerment Assistants.
- Applications are closed for the 2021-22 academic year - we'll update this page when they're open again!
- To apply for a student staff position, you must include a cover letter, resume, and current transcript. Please read the application thoroughly and ensure that you are following all directions in your cover letter submission.
- Must have a Weber State University GPA of 2.50 or higher, and maintain throughout employment at the Women’s Center.
- Must be a full-time student (12-18 credit hours per semester in Spring and Fall), working on your first undergraduate degree.
- Resident, non-resident, and international students will be eligible. Additional requirements apply to international students.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com!
801-626-6090 | firstname.lastname@example.org |