Study Skills Tips
Veterans Upward Bound offers these study skills tips and links to various other study skills tips on the internet to help our participants better learn how to study so they can be efficient and successful as they progress through college. These are just helpful study aids, they do not guarantee success. Dedication and hard work are the keys to earning an education that will help you become successful after college.
Each tip is a single .pdf file so you will not have to download everything if your interest is just in one area.
- A strategy for applying for scholarships
- Be a good listener
- College-bound reading list
- Getting the most from your course syllabus
- Getting the most out of your textbook
- Homemade flashcards
- How to calculate your grade point average
- How to overcome math anxiety
- How to overcome test anxiety
- Managing Stress
- Physical Considerations
- PTSD TBI
- Study skills links on the Internet
- Studying is individual
- The SQ3R method
- Time management strategies
- Where to sit in a classroom
- Your study space
Drop in, call our office (801-626-7173) or complete our online application to get started.
Veterans Upward Bound: 801-626-7173 | firstname.lastname@example.org |