Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)

How to apply for benefits and register at Weber State University:

Step 1

Apply for your Active Duty GI Bill by filling out an application, and send it to the Veterans Affairs Administration.  This can be accomplished in three ways:

  1. Complete the application online.  Once you have received your certificate of eligibility from the VA, bring it into our office so that we can begin the certification process.
  2. Print the application and bring it to our office.
  3. Pick up the application at our office during normal business hours.

*Please Note - Some or all of the following may be needed:

  • A copy of your birth certificate, adoption papers, marriage license, or other documentation that establishes your relationship to the veteran.
  • If you will be over 26 years old before all the benefits are used, and the veteran was disabled or deceased after you turned 18 years old, please submit a copy of the veteran’s Disability Rating Letter or Death Certificate.

Step 2

Apply for admission to Weber State University.

Step 3

Supply our office with a copy of your class schedule.  This will need to be done each and every semester that you want to use your educational benefits.