Admissions Guide

Step 1: Recon Weber State University

Distance Education/Online Classes and Degrees

Your tuition benefits go further with Weber State's low per-credit-hour fee schedule. Weber State offers several distance education degrees through WSU Online and Independent Study, including a Bachelor of Integrated Studies. This customized degree program allows you to combine three different areas of study to combine as a Bachelor's degree.

On-Campus Degrees

We offer classes at five different locations, so you’re sure to find one that works for you. Check out one of our two campuses, Ogden and Davis or one of our three centers in Kaysville, Morgan and Roy

Schedule a tour and see our campuses for yourself.

From Anthropology to Zoology, WSU has something for everyone. Check out the course catalog. The catalog lists the major and minor requirements, as well as general education requirements to help you decide on a course of study.

Credit for Military Training

Weber State accepts some of your military training credits. Transferring Credits

In-State Tuition Rates

If you are stationed in Utah on active duty military orders, are a Utah resident stationed outside of the state, you and your spouse/dependents likely qualify for resident tuition rates which can be received by completing the application for courtesy military resident classification. Learn more about tuition rates and waivers.

Step 2: Get Pre-Admission Advising

We'll help you untangle the college web. Contact a pre-admission advisor to get information about how you, as a military/veteran student, can get started with your degree.

Credit For Military Service and Training
Any member of the military wishing to receive credit for military service or training must contact the Admissions office. Credits for training will be reviewed and the Admissions office. If you have any questions regarding this process that seem unclear, please contact the Weber State Veteran Services office at 801-626-6039 or 6042.

Step 3: Apply for Admission

Apply Online or In Person

Once you’ve decided WSU is for you, your next step is to apply for admission. You can apply online or in person at the Ogden or Davis campuses. Your admissions application also serves as your scholarship application. So if you qualify for any academic scholarship, we’ll let you know.

Keep in mind you only have to be admitted once, so you can take classes next semester or next year.

Set Up a Wildcat Account

A Wildcat account is your one-stop shop for all things Weber. This online portal will allow you to register online, check your transcript, get your student e-mail account, check your financial aid status, pay tuition, as well as review many other activities vital to your education at WSU.

After you’ve been admitted, create a Wildcat account. If you encounter any problems with your account, call Computing Support at 626-7777.

Reactivating GI Bill

Contact our office: 801-626-6039

Apply for your Veterans Educational Benefits

If you haven't applied for your Veterans Educational Benefits, go to

Check Status With Veterans Services 

If you are a veteran or military member, you can register each semester with senior status. Check with WSU Veteran Services to make sure you are coded as such. Also, prior to the beginning of each semester, you must provide our office with a copy of your Cat Tracks so we will know how many hours to certify you for. Each time VA sends you a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility listing the amount of months/days remaining entitlement you have. These steps will help speed up the process for you to receive your entitlements.

Step 4: See where you stand

After we process your application, the Admissions Office will notify you if you are required to take a Math and English placement exam prior to signing up for classes. A placement exam is a test to gauge your knowledge of those subjects in order to place you in the class appropriate to your skill level.

Placement Exam

If you need to take a placement exam, visit for testing center hours and locations. If you live more than 50 miles away from WSU and need to arrange an alternate testing site, call 801-626-6645.

Step 5: Meet with an Academic Advisor

Schedule an appointment with the appropriate academic advisor to create your plan of study. Your academic advisor will help you navigate the course listing and help you decide which classes to take.

An advisor can also help you determine how to best use your transfer courses, if you are transferring from another institution. You can also check out the online transfer guide, to see which courses may transfer.

If you haven’t completed an Associate’s degree, general education requirements and haven’t decided on a program of study, you should visit The Student Success Center. They will provide you with information on General Studies degrees.

Step 6: Find out about financial resources

Take Your Benefits Application to Veterans Services

After you've applied for your Veterans Educational Benefits, take your application to the Veterans Services office:

Veterans Services
1352 Village Dr DEPT 4701
Ogden, Utah 84408-4701

Which GI Bill benefit should you choose?

See a comparison of GI Bill benefits.

Post-9/11 GI Bill tuition benefits

Under the new Post-9/11 GI bill, effective August 2009, eligible students can can get their tuition covered up to the cost of tuition and fees at state public colleges, based on undergraduate resident tuition and fees, in addition to receiving housing and book stipends.

Purple heart recipient?

If you are a Purple Heart recipient you likely qualify for free full tuition and fees at Weber State University . Take your Purple Heart recipient paperwork to the Financial Aid or Scholarship office.


Regardless of your situation or background, there may be resources available to help you with your college expenses. Check with any of the offices below to learn more.

Step 7: Register for classes

Learn how to register for classes

Print out your class schedule and bring it to the Veterans Services office. You will need to do this each and every semester that you applying your GI Bill towards.

Take Your Class Schedule to the Veteran's Services Office

They will help you fill out your certification form so you can start receiving your education benefits.

During your successful pursuit of education here at Weber State, MAKE NO CHANGES to your schedule unless you have contacted our office. Changes in your schedule will result in a debt to you either from the University or the Department of Veteran Affairs regional office.

Step 8: Get ready for class

Take some time before you start to gather the essentials. It will make getting around on campus a lot easier once school starts.

Get a parking permit and learn your way around if you're taking classes on campus

Get your Wildcard (Student ID)

The Wildcard ID gives you access to the library, testing center, computer labs, health center, veterans’ benefits, gym and athletic events.

You can get your Wildcard at the Ogden or Davis campus.

Wildcard Locations & Hours

Pick up your free UTA Ed Pass

Utah Transit Authority (UTA) Ed Passes are provided to all fee-paying students free of charge. You can ride any UTA bus, Trax or FrontRunner free using your Ed Pass card.

Learn more about getting and reactivating your UTA Ed pass.

Get your books and gear

Visit the bookstore at the Ogden or Davis campus to pick up your books and gear.

WSU Online-Canvas

Canvas is the online learning management system (LMS) used by Weber State University professors and students to coordinate classroom activities online. Some face-to-face classes also use Canvas for assignments, discussions, files storage, and to communicate to students when out of the classroom. Your professors will let you know if you will be using this system for your classes.

Set up a test proctor

If you are taking an Online or Independent Study course and live more than 50 miles away, you need to set up a test proctor.

Step 9: Use support services

Free tutoring is available for a variety of courses. You can drop in or make an appointment at either the Ogden or Davis campus or the WSU West Center. Also, free study groups are offered through Supplemental Instruction (SI).

If you haven’t been to college before, be sure to check out the First-Year Experience (FYE) Program. This program includes a three-credit hour class (EDUC 1105-Introduction to the University) designed to help with your transition to the college experience. The class assists with improving academic skills, exploring majors and becoming familiar with campus resources. The class is offered at both Ogden and Davis campuses.

Support Services Resources