Resources for undocumented students


HB 144 is a House Bill that passed in 2002, in the state of Utah that allows qualifying undocumented students to pay in-state tuition if he or she attends a Utah college or university. This means that even though a student does not have residency status, they may attend Weber State University at the same rate as Utah residents. In-state tuition is more affordable than out-of-state tuition, allowing students to pay less for the same education.


 HB-144 Eligibility (effective July 1, 2002)

In order to QUALIFY for HB 144, a student must meet the following requirements:

  • Student must have attended a UTAH high school for three (3) years or more consecutive years.
  • Student must have graduated from a UTAH high school with a diploma or G.E.D.
  • Student must NOT be registered as an entering student at a Utah college or university before the fall semester 2002.
  • Student must have filed an application to legalize his or her immigration status or will file an application as soon as he or she is eligible (In other words, when the student has an opportunity to change his or her legal status, he/she will)

For more information regarding HB-144, please visit the Utah State Legislature website.

 HB-144 Affidavit

Please print, and fill out the Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Affidavit and submit it to the WSU Admissions Office with an official (sealed and unopened) copy of your high school transcript showing your graduation date.