Military Training Credit
Weber State may accept some of your military training credits.
- Students who have completed at least 24 months of active military service may be granted a minimum of 10 credit hours. These credits are awarded as 3 credit hours that satisfy general education HLTH SS1030 and 7 elective credit hours.
- Students who have completed four or more years in the National Guard or a reserve unit may be granted for military schooling if specific requirements are met.
- Additional credit may be granted for military training / schooling if specific requirements are met. Credit from your JST transcripts will be evaluated and may be awarded as a lump sum of elective credit. You are required to visit with your academic advisor before applying to have your credits posted by the Records Office. Academic Departments may also award credit for specific WSU courses in your major if applicable.
- Military credit will be evaluated only if it can be applied to a legitimate undergraduate degree program.
- Students who already have a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for a military credit evaluation.
To have eligible military credits applied to your bachelor’s degree at WSU, you must submit your military DD Form 214 and the receipt for the $10 recording fee (payable at the cashier window) to the WSU Records Office. If you have completed other credits that you think may apply to your degree here, you will need to contact the advisor of your selected college or program. Credits are awarded on a case-by-case basis depending on your major or program.
Military credit is added to total credit hours completed, and may reduce eligibility for financial aid.
Tuition for Active Military
If you are stationed in Utah on active duty military orders, you likely qualify for resident tuition rates which can be received by completing the application for courtesy military resident classification. This form must be submitted with your admissions application to the Admissions Office.
For More Information
For further assistance, please contact the advisor for your major. An Enrollment Services office is located in Layton at the Weber State Davis Campus, and an enrollment advisor is available weekly at the Hill Air Force Base Education Office for your added convenience.