Weber State Trails
Reach new heights on our trail system, located in the Wasatch Mountains on the edge of Weber State’s Ogden campus. Grab a backpack and a buddy and go explore. Go ever upward; literally.
Both WSU trailheads are located near each other in the foothills east of the university between 3750-3998 Skyline Dr., Ogden. Look for signage in the area. Free parking is available.
Discovery Loop Trail
The Discovery Loop Trail is all about hands-on science! On this trail, curious visitors can make personal connections to the environment through the information provided by the scenery, accompanied by informational signs in the area. Come learn about the science in your own backyard.
The Fitness Trail is getting an upgrade. An installation of new exercise equipment along with scientific information about each exercise will help facilitate your overall understanding of body and wellbeing on this 1-mile trail.
- Learn More: Trail Update Kicks off with Volunteer Cleanup
Already conquered Weber State’s trails? Check out other options in the area.
Tell us what you want from Weber State’s trail system. Whether you’re an avid hiker or are new to the area and want to see the amazing view the Wasatch Mountains have to offer, we want to hear from you.
- Enhancing the WSU trail system for the Ogden-Weber community by providing educational signage linked to current science education standards.
- Replacing dilapidated exercise equipment on a free and frequently used trail that anyone can access to improve their health and overall wellness.
- Developing a monthly WSU student-led hiking program that provides free entertaining and informative recreation and leisure activities to families.
- Providing high-impact educational experiences for students in at least three colleges in Exercise and Sports Science, Outdoor and Community Recreation Education, Teacher Education, Earth and Environmental Science, Computer Science and Construction Management.