CME Station Requirements
From a technical perspective, there are several requirements for the machines operating CME:
- The station must have a reserved, static IP address.
- That IP address must be given permission to TouchNet's firewall
- The user must have Administrator access to the machine.
- Any station accepting credit card payments must be blocked from the internet (intranet-only station).
- The Ingenico and Epson drivers install with the CME download. Do not run these independently.
- Works on Windows 7 stations only.
- CME transfers large amounts of data over the internet to the TouchNet servers in Kansas so it is important that the station has a decent internet connection and the processing power to efficiently read and respond to the data transfer.