Student Teaching Request for Placement
Please verify you are in the Teacher Education Student Portal by doing the following:
· Go to weber.edu and click your portrait (circle) in the top right of the screen
· Log in to your Weber account and the two factor DUO authentication
· You will be redirected to eWeber
· In the “Search for Portal Apps….” area, type Teacher Education Student Portal
· Results will show a box called Teacher Education Student Portal
· Save to your eWeber portal favorites by pushing the favorite option with the star
· f you are in the system, you will see your program listed as a purple underlined link
· If you do not see a program listed, add your information by pushing Start Another Application button in purple and add your information.
(NOTE: do this action ONLY if you do not see an active program listing under the “Your Applications” area or you will duplicate your account)
Complete the requested student teaching items below and save them as electronic files on your computer. Links to forms and other information are highlighted in purple. PDF tools are acceptable for online signatures.
1. Provide verification of a current USBE background clearance:
Go to myuen.org and register for an account if you do not already have one
Go to your personal page and select the CACTUS link (bottom middle)
Verify birthdate and SSN
Select Verify Me
Check personal information
Select Application Status
Save a screenshot of the Application Status Tab
WSU Teacher Education programs require USBE clearance. If you do not have USBE background clearance, apply using this link > USBE Background Clearance Information
2. Autobiography – Upload a document no more than one page long regarding examples of personal interests or relate personal experience in the education program and why you chose to be a teacher.
3. Attestation Form - Sign and upload the form
4. Undergraduate Secondary Verification Form - Secondary undergraduates only should provide a signed copy from your major and minor department advisor(s).
5. Graduate Certificate (GCT) Students Verification Form - Provide a signed copy from the GCT Director, Dr. Penee Stewart, email@example.com, 801-626-7410, ED 222
6. ESL Form – ESL students only should complete a signed copy by Dr. David Byrd, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-626-7412, ED 322
Submit the completed forms as a file upload from your computer to the Teacher Education Student Portal application under the File Manager tab.
Make an appointment to meet with the Student Teaching Coordinator to discuss your student teaching placement.
Student Teaching Guidebook – All teacher candidates should read and be familiar with requirements and policies in the guidebook prior to meeting with the Student Teaching Coordinator.
Please contact Teacher Education Advisement for specific questions about current testing and licensing requirements for their program.
Contact information link >> Teacher Education Advisement