Student Teaching Application
Please verify you are currently listed in the Teacher Education Student Portal. Your university supervisor will use this application during the evaluation process for student teaching. Evaluations will be listed there for you to review or print and save.
Follow the instructions below to verify you are in the Teacher Education Student Portal:
- Go to weber.edu and click your portrait (circle) in the top right of the screen
- Log in to your Weber account and when prompted, also the two factor DUO authentication
- You will be redirected to eWeber
- In the “Search for Portal Apps….” area, search for Teacher Education Student Portal
- Results will show a box called Teacher Education Student Portal
- Save to your eWeber portal favorites by pushing the favorite option with the star
- If you are already in the system, you will see your program listed as a purple underlined link
- If you do not see a program listed, add your information by pushing “Start Another Application” button in purple and add your information. (NOTE: do this action ONLY if you do not see an active program listing under the “Your Applications” area or you will duplicate your account)
Complete the requested student teaching application list items below and submit them as a file upload from your computer to the Teacher Education portal application under the File Manager tab.
After you have submitted all the requested items in the portal application, send an email to Michelle Checkman to schedule an interview appointment time with the Student Teaching Coordinator.
Michelle Checkman - WSU Student Teaching Office
Teacher Education Advisement Center - ED230B
Graduate and Undergraduate Student Teacher Candidates –
- Go to myuen.org and register for an account if you do not already have one
- Go to your personal page and select the CACTUS link (bottom middle)
- Verify birthdate and SSN
- Select “verify me”
- Check personal information
- Select Application Status
- Save a screenshot of the Application Status Tab
If you do not have USBE background clearance apply for this as soon as possible. Wait times can take anywhere from one to six weeks. Lack of background clearance can affect your participation in schools so please plan accordingly.
2. Autobiography All candidates should submit this form. Please no more than one page and no resumes. Example: personal interests, personal experience in the education program, why you chose to be a teacher, etc.
All candidates should submit this form. You may sign by using a pdf tool if you wish.
Please submit a complete copy of Praxis scores (including subtest scores) OR a Praxis Test receipt with the scheduled date and test to be taken listed.
5. Verification of Completion Forms – Secondary and Graduate students should submit only.
Provide a signed copy by your major and minor department if you have one.
Post Bacc Graduate Students Use Only (GCT): Provide a signed copy by the GCT Director, Dr. Penee Stewart, email@example.com, 801-626-7410, ED 222
6. ESL Form
Only ESL students should provide a signed copy by Dr. David Byrd, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-626-7412, ED 322
7. Student Teaching Guidebook All candidates should read and be familiar with requirements and policies in the guidebook.