You MAY NOT participate in required field experiences UNTIL your background check has cleared. Failure to receive clearance in a timely manner could delay you a semester or more in the program, as you will have to repeat the semester to complete field experiences.
Your admissions letter will give you instructions on the clearance process. Please make sure you read it carefully.
To complete the Teacher Education background check process:
- Visit the USBE Background Check website to start the process.
- Click on initial licensure and continue through the step by step process.
- Print out the authorization letter, and take this with you when you go to the fingerprinting office.
- Make arrangements to visit a USBE Live Scan site:
Utah Educator LiveScan Fingerprint Sites
Many of our students use the Ogden School District Fingerprinting Office
- Please view the 2019-2020 Ogden School District calendar for dates of closure. You may also call (801) 737-7320 for further information.