- Train a core group of students as environmental educators and activists.
- Provide leadership and service opportunities involving the environment and sustainability on and off campus.
- Increase overall student awareness of environmental actions and ways to effect individual change on campus.
- Create community partnerships and preserve the natural landscapes surrounding Weber.
- Institutionalize environmental stewardship within the student body and beyond.
Weber State University's student Environmental Ambassadors aim to build a campus culture where sustainability is integrated into every aspect of daily life, where recycling and energy efficiency are second-nature and where living a green lifestyle is a central aspect of what it means to be a part of the Weber community. They are also responsible for educating the Weber community about the university’s goal to become carbon neutral by 2050 and expand upon the projects and investments Weber has made towards sustainability thus far.
What We've Done
Every year, the Ambassadors have a set amount of money from the Student Fee Recommendations Committee to implement projects and programs. We also hold many events as a group to help educate students on sustainability-focused subjects.
Solar powered picnic tables coming soon!
Become a Member
We are seeking committed students who want to help implement projects on campus. Email Sadie Braddock (email@example.com).
Gain skills by connecting with local green businesses and organizations while earning CCEL volunteer hours.
Other Past Projects
- Bike Racks
- Fix-it stations
- Trail Digs
- Clear the Air challenge
- Water bottle refill stations
- Outdoor recycling bins