Social Media For Student Access & Success
Dani: 801-626-8036 email@example.com
Steps To Create New Social Media Accounts
#1 Before requesting social media, think it through! Check out WSU's Getting Started outline first
* It is OK to have students maintain your social media but you must have a full-time staff member supervising.
* Please DON'T create a TikTok account. Help feed WSU's account instead. Contact Jessica Kokesh firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Need To Know When Creating Accounts
Once you are approved to create your account, please make sure that you new accounts follow best practices:
- Create the account with a department email address so we can reset passwords if needed.
- If Facebook, you can make Dani an admin as well just so someone has access with turnover.
- If you have other social media accounts, please be consistent with the name that you call the account so all of your social media accounts line up nicely. For example, all Student Access & Success accounts are @WeberStateStudentLife.
- It is helpful to use "WeberState" in your social media name to better identify that you are from Weber State. You can use "WSU" to keep it shorter, but remember that we are not the only WSU.
- Please use your official WSU logo to represent your account or something totally different (it is hard to fit the logo in the profile circle), but stick to purple so it is clear that you are Weber State. Do not use the W shield for your profile image (that belongs to big W accounts).
- Send Dani a link to your new account once it is created so it can be added to your website and to the Student Access & Success social media directory.
- Create an editorial calendar to help you prepare for what you will post.
What Do Our Students Use?
Check out the most recent survey results to see what mediums our students use. Be aware that it may vary a bit depending on age. If you have a specific audience and goal for your social media communications and are not sure which accounts to create, talk to Dani (email@example.com).
Maintain Social Media Accounts
Make sure your posts are relevant to your audience and that you quickly respond to any comments or messages. If you have a post that seems inappropriate or a customer service message that is getting out of control, please contact Dani.
→STANDARDS & RESOURCES
- WSU Social Media Guidelines
- WSU Social Media Policies & Procedures
- WSU Style Guide
- WSU Brand
- WSU Photo Release Forms
Delete Social Media Accounts
Let Dani firstname.lastname@example.org know before you close any accounts so that we can remove it from your website and directories.
Social Media Directories