YOU are in-charge of your website updates. Because you know your services, hours, staff and any changes, SA Marketing relies on you to let us know what needs to be updated.
REQUEST UPDATES TO YOUR WEBSITE
Contact Rachel firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates are generally done within two business days, but could take longer depending on update needs and incoming requests.
→HOW TO SEND US FINALIZED CONTENT
We will simplify and format all content for the web and double check for accessibility and spelling/grammatical errors, but we are relying on the content you send us to be ready to go.
- All content must be correct and finalized. This includes no spelling or grammatical errors and no asking us to gather or create text for you.
- Text must be in a Word/Google Doc or email with text that can be copied and pasted. We will NOT re-type text.
- If you are sending a document with continuous updates, please highlight any changes to content. We will not search through documents to figure out what has changed.
- If you are sending us photos or graphics that you would like us to add to your website, they must not be copyrighted.
- If sending staff photos, please name the photos the person's name.
- All videos that you request be added to your website must be captioned.
- Any Word Docs that are necessary for the website have been created with accessible layout in Microsoft Word.
- Any PDFs that are necessary for the website have been created correctly via a Word Doc conversion to a PDF.
MAINTAIN YOUR OWN WEBSITE
* Depending on your particular website layout, you may not be able to maintain the whole site yourself.
What you can update: We encourage you to only update text on your website. Please come to us for all graphic needs, new page creation, navigation updates and all major updates.
→ACCESS TO SITE MANAGER
Contact Dani to request Site Manager access email@example.com
→SITE MANAGER TRAINING
- TrainingTracker: Website Basics & Best Practices
- On-Demand Site Manager Tutorial Videos
- LinkedIn Learning Site Manager Learning Path
- Student Affairs Web Standards * Mandatory read
- File Upload Max Size: 20MB
CREATING ACCESSIBLE FILES
Most forms for WSU websites can be built in Google Forms. It is your responsibility to create and maintain this form. Just send it to SA Marketing when you are ready to embed it on your website.
- Video on how to create Google Form
- Please send embed code to Dani/Rachel instead of adding it to your website yourself (unless you are familiar with code).
- Qualtrics form (secure for FERPA related info)
- Find Qualtrics training in TrainingTracker
- If you need a custom secure form more robust than Qualtrics can offer, contact Dani.
Process: New Website or Redesign
Development time for website redesigns may vary. Work with SA Marketing to figure out a timeline.
Coming Soon: Your website will be reviewed during your program review every five years and redesigns or major updates will be addressed if necessary.
- You complete the creative brief and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive a meeting request from Dani to review website sitemap created based on a creative brief
- You create content for your website and send to email@example.com
- Receive mock-up of website for approval
- SA Marketing will test and take website live
- SA Marketing will help you with continued maintenance and tweaks to the website based on analytics and student feedback