About Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke Family
Pre-Medical Professional Programs
Weber State’s Premedical Program supports students as they prepare themselves for professional careers in medical fields, including those who wish to become physicians, dentists, physician assistants, pharmacists, optometrists, physical or occupational therapists, or veterinarians. Preparing for these professions demands that undergraduate students take the right classes, earn good grades, and engage in co-curricular activities that will help them gain knowledge about their future careers, but also to become well-rounded and empathetic individuals—because people with these traits will ultimately make the best medical providers!
Getting the right information is critical to being successful as a pre-professional student. Therefore, seeking advice from our pre-professional advising staff is strongly encouraged. We offer bi-monthly Premedical Information Sessions for students who are just getting started as a pre-professional student, one-on-one advising appointments for students who are seeking guidance about coursework and extracurricular activities along the way, and in-depth personalized advisement when it comes time to apply to your training program of choice.
Participating in Weber State’s Premedical Program will allow you to:
- Obtain a broad-based education and a solid academic foundation for a career in the health professions.
- Access a rich variety of co-curricular opportunities to help you build a competitive application to professional training programs.
- Have ample opportunities to interact closely with your professors as you complete your coursework and engage in undergraduate research.
- Choose a major in a discipline that most interests you while completing both your degree and the necessary coursework required for admission to professional training programs.
- Enjoy a community of supportive peers, faculty and advisors who are dedicated to providing personalized attention that will lead to your success.
Weber State’s Premedical Professional Program is partially supported by a generous endowment from the Dumke Family, in honor of
Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke, a clinical pioneer in Ogden.
Weber State’s Premedical Professional Program serves roughly 1100 pre-professional students at any given time.
They are distributed as follows:
400 pre-medical students
200 pre-dental students
400 pre-physician assistant students
28 pre-optometry students
14 pre-pharmacy students
40 pre-veterinarian students
Visit your area of interest to connect with its specific social media accounts. Below are the College of Science accounts:
Pre-Med General Office
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tracy Hall Science Center 201
Weber State University
College of Science
1415 Edvalson St., Dept. 2015
Ogden, UT 84408-2015
Tracy Hall Science Center, TY201
Click for a campus map