Take Our Daughters & Sons to Work Day
WORKING BETTER TOGETHER 2023 - Thursday, September 21
Every year WSU participates in the nationwide Take Our Daughters & Sons to Work Day. Employees are invited to bring one daughter, son, or grandchild
(ages 8-18) to work with them and show off what they do here at Weber State University.
By bringing employees and children together at this event we hope to:
- Start children thinking about their future
- Highlight the value of an education
- Introduce them to WSU’s educational programs
- Assist all in reaching their future and career goals at WSU
- Strengthen connections to their parents’ daily activities and responsibilities
8:30am: Check-in & Registration / Breakfast (UB Ballrooms)
9:05am: Keynote with WSU's Jacob Cain
9:45am: Group Picture
10:00am: Hang with Parent
11:00am: Old-School Field Games in Swenson Gym
12:00pm: Lunch (Voucher provided!)
12:30pm: Campus Activities & Explorations
- provided by various WSU Departments
Launched in 1992 as a way to get more girls more involved in planning for their futures, this one-day local event soon went national. This event's goal is to
provide children the space to begin actively participating in realizing their dreams. More than just a career day, our focus goes beyond shadowing a
parent in everyday duties. By expanding future opportunities for children in both their work and family lives, everyone is strengthened and empowered.
- One child per employee. We believe the experience is more positive for both employee and child if your attention is not divided over several individuals and age ranges, etc.
- This program is only available to dependent children and grandchildren of WSU employees. Please do not register to bring nieces, nephews, cousins or friends. Registration is for direct dependents or those for which an employee has primary custody.
- Prior to participating, please discuss with your supervisor and decide whether your work space is appropriate for a child.
If where you work is not condusive for children, you could participate in some of the other activities, and not plan to spend time in your specific area.
- Employees at all WSU campuses can particiate in this event. However, please know the main activities (breakfast, lunch voucher, VP welcome, etc.) will be held at the Ogden campus.
- If your workload does not allow for participation for the entire event, please participate in whatever way works for you. Bring them to breakfast and the keynote, You could bring your child in for a few hours in your office only, or bring them up just for the address and breakfast, etc.
Questions? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.