Prices, equipment availability, and rental policies subject to change without notice.
- WSU OP rafts are NOT permitted to be used on the Weber River.
- Photo ID is required at the time of pick-up.
- Individuals named on the contract are required to submit credit card information as a deposit at the time of reservation and/or rental.
- Payment in full for all rentals is due at the time of reservation.
- The WSU Pricing is a privilege for WSU students, faculty, and staff. In order to receive this reduced rate, direct participation in all activities concerning OP rental equipment by the WSU member is required.
- The WSU OP reserves the right to refuse service or revoke member pricing to any individual(s).
- Cancellations made five (5) days or more of pick-up date: customers will receive a 90% refund (minimum $1.00 retained by WSU OP; all refunds based on subtotal).
- Cancellations within four to one day(s) or less of pick-up date will receive a 50% refund or a 75% Rental Center voucher (good for one year).
- Cancellations within 24 hours or less of scheduled pick-up will not receive any refund.
- All refunds must be processed through the University with a check issued in approximately 2-3 weeks.
- There are no refunds for illness, weather, early returns, or non-usage.
- Individual named on the contract must be present at the time of pick-up or item(s) will not be released.
- First day 100% daily price (Rent today, items are not due back until tomorrow at 5 p.m., two days for the price of one)
- Each additional day 75% of daily price
- Weekend rate includes Friday - Monday (First day 100% + Second day 75% + Third Day 75% + free return day) Enjoy four days for the price of three!
Members (WSU Fee Paying Students, Faculty, or Staff)
To receive the WSU Member rate, you must be a currently enrolled, student fee-paying student, faculty, or staff with a valid WSU ID at the time of the reservation or rental. WSU Affiliates (Members) will receive the Member rate on all items regardless of quantity. Eligibility status will be determined by confirming student's current enrollment.
Non-members (Non-WSU, Community)
Customers renting 10 or more like-items are eligible for a 10% discount off there entire order. Community (Non-WSU) groups are defined as those paying the Non-Member rate.
The name on the contract must be the person responsible for the group. The student, faculty, staff, or community member making the contract is completely responsible, and liable for all items on the contract, this includes fees for any lost or damaged equipment up to and including the cost of replacement. For groups using the member rate, the student, faculty, or staff member must be physically present on the group outing. Using your member privileges to benefit someone else, or a group you are not directly involved with will result in a loss of rental privileges.
Before leaving the Outdoor Program Rental Center, you are responsible for inspecting all equipment carefully and to bring any missing or damaged equipment to an Outdoor Program (OP) staff member's attention. Make sure any discrepancies are noted on the rental agreement. Failure to note any discrepancies may result in a fee for damaged or missing equipment. If needed, please ask an OP staff member for assistance with inspection and/or instructions on how to properly set-up the equipment.
It generally takes 30-45 minutes to check out watercraft. Please consider this as you make your reservation. Deviation from this time may result in delays as equipment may not yet be prepared.
Equipment must be returned within 1-hour of the time and date listed on your contract and at least 1-hour prior to closing. Returns later than 1-hour of the listed time may incur a late fee. You will be charged for equipment that is dirty, damaged, or missing, up to and including the cost to replace such equipment at the current equipment costs, regardless of the age of the equipment. For your convenience, a water hose is located by the west garage door for cleaning equipment.
*Equipment must be cleaned upon return, or a cleaning fee of $25 will be charged per rental.
Equipment left unattended (during Closed hours) at the Outdoor Program will be charged a $25.00 fee regardless of the reason. Should the equipment be lost or stolen while left unattended, the renter will be responsible for all replacement costs at full retail prices.
Equipment Damage: Rental Fees do not cover any portion of damages to equipment. Any damaged equipment interfering with the rental or reservation of another will be charged the entire cost of the other rental in addition to all equipment repair and/or replacement costs.
Late fees are assessed at 1.5 times the daily rate for each day the equipment is not returned- including holidays and closed dates. This is strictly enforced as it jeopardizes another person's trip. Any late equipment affecting another person's rental will be charged the entire cost of the other rental.
Items in this category may be checked out for a period of 7 days with one renewal. A late fee of $1.00 per day, per item, will be charged for overdue materials.
Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver
I acknowledge that I have the necessary skills to use above-rented equipment properly. I also acknowledge that I will use the equipment in a safe manner that is not contrary to recommended use or manufacturers’ standards. I am aware of hazards associated with the use of outdoor equipment, including, but not limited to physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in the activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
I agree to hold harmless and/or indemnify and defend Weber State University, the State of Utah, and their officers, agents, servants, and employees from all liability, costs, or expenses resulting from accidents or injury to -- or for the death of -- any person or property directly or indirectly arising from my use or my permission, express or implied, to use the rental equipment.
By signing below, I attest that I have read, understood and agreed to these conditions. My signature further indicates that all information provided on the rental sheet is true and correct.
Watercraft Loading Liability Waiver
I understand that loading a canoe or other boat onto my vehicle has the potential to cause damage to person or property during loading, unloading or transport of the equipment. It is my choice to have the boat loaded/unloaded by the WSU Outdoor Program Rental Center staff and I agree to assume responsibility for any damages. I will not hold the WSU Outdoor Program or its staff liable for any damages to person or property that may occur due to loading, unloading, or transport of this equipment.