Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements to qualify for a CME scholarship?   

  • Be a Minority
  • Be a US Citizen/Resident
  • Meet with Advisor (Call 801-626-7330 to schedule an appointment)
  • Be involved with the Center for Multicultural Excellence events and activities

Apply for CME Scholarship

What is an Area Council?  

Area Councils are student-run organizations with constituency seats in the student senate. Each council represents the needs and concerns of minority groups on campus. Student senators attend and participate in student senate meetings as well as act as heads of their respective Area Councils. Area Councils are a body serving in an administrative capacity for WSU minority students. The Center for Multicultural Excellence houses four Area Councils. Contact the senator or president of the Area Council you want to join.

Area Councils

What services are offered by the CME?  

The CME can help you connect socially, culturally, spiritually, and academically through your college years. We offer a study area, free printing (for academic purposes only and a 10-page limit), scholarships, and meetings with different multicultural counselors and advisors. The CME has many social, cultural, spiritual, and educational events and activities throughout the year which are amazing opportunities to meet new people and make lasting connections. Check out our Facebook to find out more about upcoming events.

Newsletter Archives  

To view the previous newsletter releases, please take a look at our Multicultural Newsletter Archive.