Frequently Asked Questions
- Course pre-requisites
- When are the application deadlines?
- What if my GPA is close to, but slightly under 3.00?
- GRE Scores
- I have Systems Engineering professional certifications, do those count for anything?
- One of the requirements is a letter of reference from an academic context - I'm having trouble getting one
- How do I check the status of my application?
- Having technical troubles with paying the application fee?
If you are an international applicant, you need to complete additional paperwork in order to comply with university and U.S. immigration regulations. If you have questions about the Weber State University admissions process for international applicants, you may contact Admissions at 801-626-6005 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Weber State University International Student and Scholar Center.
- Take the TOEFL or IELTS. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International Language Testing System (IELTS) which is not more than two years old. Applicants are required to have an internet-based TOEFL score of 79-80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0.Official score reports must be sent from E.T.S. to Weber State University. WSU’s institutional code is 4941-4211. Visit the TOEFL website for more information.
- Have your foreign credentials evaluated. You must also have your foreign credentials evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation company. Visit our International Student & Scholar Center website for a list of approved companies.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required from the undergraduate program in which the bachelor’s degree is earned.
- Take the GRE. GRE scores will be used to make admission decisions but no specific minimum score is required. For information about taking the GRE, go to https://www.ets.org/gre
Request official TOEFL scores and evaluated transcripts be sent directly to the following address:
MSSE Admission Committee
Weber State University
1465 Edvalson St Dept 1801
Ogden UT 84408-1801