skip to content
  • Calendar
  • Maps

How to Apply

Enrolling in the Summer & Fall Semester

March 1

Enrolling in the Spring Semester

October 1

Apply for the Master of Science in Systems Engineering or Apply for the Systems Engineering and Sustainable Engineering Post Baccalaureate Certificate



Admission Requirements

Bachelor’s Degree

Applicants for admission into the Master of Science in Systems Engineering program must possess a B.Sc. in engineering (EAC), engineering-technology (ETAC) or computing (CAC) from an ABET-accredited program with Calculus I and Statistics as a minimum.  B.Sc. in any other related subject is on a case-by-case basis only. An overall GPA of 3.0 is required from the undergraduate program in which the bachelor's degree is earned.

This is conditional upon completion of all required leveling courses.  These leveling courses would primarily meet minimum math, physics, and computer science requirements as established by the Systems Engineering program.

3.00 GPA

An overall GPA of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale is required from the undergraduate program in which the bachelor’s degree is earned. Candidates with a GPA of less than 3.00 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

GRE Scores

GRE test scores are required if all previous degrees were conferred by an institution outside of the U.S.

Application Materials

Completed application

You are responsible for submitting a complete application.

The final online application process prompts you to submit your completed application. Your application will not be considered until you have submitted a "complete" online application and all necessary documents have been received by the MSSE program.

Application Fee

Each MSSE application must be accompanied by the application fee. A credit card is the preferred form of payment, but other forms are welcome. Additional instructions are in the online application.

Current resume

Upload a current resume or curriculum vitae as part of the online application process.

Official transcripts

Official transcripts of your academic record from all previous colleges or universities attended should be submitted. Sending your transcript electronically secure is the preferred method. If your college or university provides this option, request your transcripts to be sent directly to

If the college or university does not provide this option, request the official transcripts be sent directly to you, then forward them UNOPENED in their original sealed envelope to the admissions office address.

MSSE Admission Committee
Weber State University
1465 Edvalson St Dept 1801
Ogden UT 84408-1801

Three references

Contact information for three references, at least one from a professional context and one from an academic context.

International Applicants

If you are an international applicant, you need to complete additional paperwork in order to comply with university and U.S. immigration regulations. If you have questions about the Weber State University admissions process for international applicants, you may contact Admissions at 801-626-6005 or or visit the Weber State University International Student and Scholar Center.