Admission and Selection
Admission to the Radiologist Assistant (RA) program requires:
- Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate academic program in health science preferred (includes, but not limited to, cardiovascular technology, ultrasound, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy, or nursing). However, other baccalaureate programs will also be considered.
- ARRT certification to work as a radiologic technologist
Due to COVID-19, we will not be accepting international applications for the 2020-2021 academic year. International applicants are not eligible to apply for the RA program unless they obtain Radiologic Technologist (RT) certification through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Before applying to the program, please email email@example.com for advisement.
*If you do not have your bachelor's degree and are looking to complete your degree, please call the School of Radiologic Sciences at 801.626.6057 for opportunities to complete your degree.
- It is also the student's responsibility to identify a preceptor who will work with them during the program. A signed agreement form from a clinical-practice site and preceptor (radiologist/physician) will need to be submitted with the online application.
The priority deadline to apply to the RA program is May 1 for each fall semester start date, however, applications may continue to be accepted beyond the priority deadline as space is available.
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2020 semester.
We will continue to accept applications beyond the deadline!
Applicants must complete an online application. Additionally, you will be asked to attach the following information:
- Professional resume
- Response to an essay question
- Signed agreement form from clinical-practice site and preceptor (radiologist/physician)
- Emails to three references/recommendations
- Official transcripts
- Electronic transcripts are acceptable if sent by the college or university through an approved third party transcript service such as National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment or eScrip. These may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If mailing transcripts, please mail them directly to the MSRS Office (address on the left side bar)
- $60 application fee
A total of 30 positions are available each Fall semester. Criteria to be considered for acceptance include the following:
- Overall GPA
- Professional Experience
- Essay Response
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the MSRS Enrollment Director at 801.626.8538 or email@example.com.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. MT
Weber State University
Marriott Health Sciences Building
View WSU Map
Master of Science in Radiologic Sciences
Weber State University
3891 Stadium Way Dept 3925
Ogden, UT 84408-3925