International students are required to live in the United States for the time they are in the program - this is NOT an online program.
Before applying to the MSRS Program, please email email@example.com for advisement
Please note: International students are not eligible to apply for the Radiologist Assistant (RA) program without certification as a Radiologic Technologist (RT) through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
International students are first evaluated for eligibility based on their education and foreign professional certifications.
- Graduates of an accredited baccalaureate academic program in health science (includes, but not limited to, cardiovascular technology, ultrasound, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy, or nursing) are eligible to apply - FOREIGN CREDENTIALS MUST BE EVALUATED (see below).
- Provide professional transcript evaluation. Applicants must have a Weber State University-accepted bachelor’s degree to be considered for acceptance. All applicants educated outside the U.S. must submit transcripts that have been evaluated by a WSU approved foreign credentials evaluation service. For a list of approved agencies, click here: https://www.weber.edu/issc/international-transfer-students.html#credential-eval . A translated transcript is not accepted. Transcripts must be evaluated on a course-by-course format, showing U.S. semester credit and grade equivalent for each course based on a 4.0 GPA scale. Identify Weber State University as the recipient of the official evaluation.
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency. Submit an official score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IETLS. Scores are only valid for 2 years from the date the test was taken.
- TOEFL: You will need to score at least 75 overall, with a minimum of 17 in each category. The TOEFL institutional code for WSU is 4941.
- IELTS: You will need to score a 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each category.
Once evaluation of your foreign education and English language proficiency has been completed, the School of Radiologic Sciences will notify you if you meet eligible requirements to proceed with application.
Completing this process does not guarantee acceptance
Additional criteria to be considered for acceptance into the program include:
- Complete online application for the MSRS Program.
- Payment of the MSRS program application fee.
- Respond to an essay question
- Provide a resume
- Provide evaluated foreign transcripts
- Provide English language proficiency
- Provide healthcare certifications, if any
- Overall GPA
- Provide emails for threee references/recommendations
- Meet international student requirements. Please seek advisement/assistance from WSU’s International Student and Scholar Center at 801-626-6853 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate students must first apply and be accepted by the MSRS graduate program before the admission can be processed for Weber State University.