Manufacturing Engineering Technology: Plastics & Composites Concentration
Salaries in Utah
Annual Median Salary: $64,500*
Annual median salaries noted are Utah-wide. Salaries vary depending on the region, workplace and skill level.
Declare Your Major
E-mail email@example.com with your full name, w# and major
What you will learn
- Learn classic approaches to problem solving. Fundamental techniques based in science and mathematics are emphasized in engineering analysis.
- Learn to use high-technology software tools. Cutting-edge computer-aided design (CAD) and finite element analysis (FEA) software are used in design and analysis.
- Materials testing, manufacturing processes and other hands-on instruction help you become well-rounded and ready for challenges as you enter industry.
- Get excellent experience in engineering design with a senior capstone project. Topics range from research-based endeavors to rockets or race cars.
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Mission Statement and Program Educational Objectives Review
The MFET Program at Weber State University will be a growing, nationally recognized, program offering both AAS and ABET Accredited BS Engineering Technology degrees that afford faculty and students opportunities for intellectual and personal growth. We will prepare students to demonstrate professional competence within the discipline and serve the needs of industry in Utah and throughout the nation
Program Educational Objectives (what graduates should be able to do three to five years after graduation);
- Graduates will be recognized as having mastered both theory and application of the body of knowledge in their discipline and become increasingly versed in the latest manufacturing techniques and methods as they apply to their employment.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to cost effectively, creatively and methodically solve manufacturing problems through experimentation, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of data.
- Graduates will be recognized as being personally effective as individuals, team members and team leaders though oral, written, and graphical communication and take on increased technical or managerial responsibility appropriate to their employment.
- Graduates will demonstrate a furthering commitment to quality, ethics, service and continuous improvement in personal and professional situations.
Student Learning Outcomes (graduates from the program will be able to or will have attained the following Student Outcomes);
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, or technology to solve related to solve broadly defined engineering problems in Manufacturing Engineering Technology specific to the program’s emphases in Production Operations and Controls, Plastics and Composites, and Welding related to current manufacturing process and systems design, operations, quality and continuous improvement.
- An ability to design systems, components or processes meeting specified needs for broadly defined engineering problems in Manufacturing Engineering Technology specific to the program’s emphases in Production Operations and Controls, Plastics and Composites, or Welding.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical, nontechnical, and relevant financial environments and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes in a realistic, sustainable and cost-effective manner.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
The following topics are covered as required by ABET in MFET Curriculum.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context
- A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.