Manufacturing & Systems Engineering
- What is systems engineering?
Systems engineering is an interdisciplinary field of engineering and management that addresses the analysis, design, implementation, and retirement of systems. These systems often involve human and robot interactions and integration, management of complex systems over their life cycles, and retirement or disposal of systems. Systems engineering utilizes systems thinking, mathematical analysis and optimization models, simulation techniques, and risk management and mitigation.
- What is systems thinking?
- Examples of systems include:
- Why Pursue a Bachelor’s in Manufacturing and Systems Engineering at Weber State University?
- Core disciplines of a WSU M&SE graduate include:
Post Bachelors Certificate
Systems Engineering and Sustainable Engineering Post Baccalaureate Certificate
Salaries in Utah
Annual Median Salary: $76,300*
Annual median salaries noted are Utah-wide. Salaries vary depending on the region, workplace and skill level.
Declare Your Major
E-mail email@example.com with your full name, w# and major
What you will learn
- Design and improve manufacturing processes and systems
- Proper selection of materials and manufacturing processes
- Conduct productivity, quality, timeliness, and cost studies
- Design new faculties or improve existing facilities
- Solve problems and leverage data-based decision making
- Apply economic principles to engineering decisions
- Manage manufacturing processes and systems
- Manage systems from systems design, implementation, and retire systems
Manufacturing & Systems Engineering
Currently seeking accreditation
Mission Statement and Program Educational Objectives Review
The Manufacturing and Systems Engineering (MSE) degree will prepare graduates for a career in systems thinking. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to analyze and design systems involving the human interaction with machines or nature. The primary focus of the program is complex manufacturing systems; including facilities design and modeling, process and material selection, and six sigma/lean techniques.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates from the Manufacturing and Systems Engineering program will:
- Continue to demonstrate their ability to effectively, creatively, ethically, and methodically solve problems and improve processes through experimentation, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of data.
- Apply a systems approach to successfully navigate and manage complex manufacturing systems.
- Be recognized as being personally and professionally effective as individuals, team members and team leaders through oral, written, and graphical communication.
- Demonstrate a commitment to sustainable manufacturing processes and systems thinking in professional, public, and manufacturing situations.
Program Student Outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Manufacturing & Systems Engineering (MSE)
Where WSU are graduates are working:
- Elkay West Corp.
- Great Salt Lake Mineral
- GSC Foundry
- Parker Hannifin
- Petersen, Inc.
- Richards Sheetmetal
- Western Coating
- Western Zirconium
- Williams International
- W.R. White Company
- Jetway Systems/FMC
- Orbit / ProMold
- Lifetime Products
- Smith’s Frozen Dairy Plant
- National Standard
- Intouch Machining
- Zero Manufacturing
- Skydandee Mfg.
- Salt Lake Cable
- Tech Steel
- Precision Plating
- CT Film
- Clover Club Foods
- Wavel Huber Wood Prod.
Employment and Internship Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org