Let us know your questions and we will get your answers!
Get Connected Now on Facebook:
Connect with the American Medical Student Association (Pre-Medical) WSU student organization in their Facebook group. Here premed students continue supporting each other through the complete journey.
Follow the Weber State Premedical Facebook page for research opportunities, medical school application updates, MCAT updates and current trends within the medical professional communities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring?
- All parental forms signed
- Shower and hygiene materials. Towels will be provided but students are welcomed to bring their own.
- Active clothing should be worn. Bring clothes that can get paint on them and swimwear.
- Bedding is provided. However, it is recommended that you bring your own sheet, pillow, and blankets.
- What would a summer academy be without snacks? Although some snacks will be provided, please feel free to bring your favorites.
What does the registration fee pay for?
- Your room; roommates can be requested
- All your meals; breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Medical Academy swag bag
- Lab supplies and equipment
Where will I be staying?
- Participants will be staying in the Wildcat Village
Can I drive?
- Yes, students CAN drive, but parking is $5/day. So a total of $20 will need to be paid at the time of arrival. However, we prefer that your parents drop you off for safety and liability reasons.
Who should my parents contact in case of an emergency?
- If someone needs to get in touch with a participant during the camp please call Dr. Barb Trask at (801) 626-6169.
What if I have food allergies?
- Please note all food allergies on your documents, or at the very least when you check in. These will be accommodated.
Can I leave the camp?
- Participants cannot leave the camp without permission from their team leader (mentor) for safety reasons. Students who leave without permission will not be allowed to return and their emergency contact person will be informed.
I am not yet 15 or not able to attend this year but want to in the future. Can I be notified?
- Participants can sign up to be notified when registration opens by submitting their information on this form. Please note this does NOT guarantee registration. We will simply email these potential participants when future registration links are open. SUBSCRIBE HERE