Family Life Education
Engage in more in-depth study of the theory, research and structure of family life education and family systems.
What You’ll Learn
This Master of Education with an emphasis on Family Life Education is designed for candidates seeking careers in family life and community education, and those seeking a more in-depth study of the historical foundations, policies and psychology of education and the theory, research and structure of family life education and family systems in general. Candidates will also integrate the best practices for theory-based program delivery, management, evaluation and research.
What You Can Do
The theory, research and experiences provided through the FLE emphasis will prepare educators who seek positions within any state’s cooperative extension programs including careers as an extension agent in couple and relationship education, 4-H/youth development and family and consumer sciences. Military programs across the country, including Hill Air Force Base, use education programs designed to help military families through various processes including parenting, managing deployment needs and maintaining healthy romantic relationships. The FLE emphasis provides specialized training to teach and help these families.
Common careers for graduates:
- Military family life counselor
- Youth program coordinator
You must fulfill the following requirements to earn your degree:
- Completion of the 37 credit-hour program, consisting of 12 credit hours of foundation courses, 19 credit hours of professional core courses specific to family life education and 6 credit hours of electives
- Completion of a culminating project
- Grade of at least a B- in all foundation courses (Coursework in which Ds, Es or UWs are earned is unacceptable and could result in removal from the program if the problem persists.)
- Overall Weber State University GPA of 3.0
Find details on courses in the WSU Catalog.
To apply, follow the steps outlined on our Admission page.
If you have questions regarding the admission process, contact us.