Salaries in Utah
Annual Median Salary: $84,430*
Annual median salaries noted are Utah-wide. Salaries vary depending on the region, workplace and skill level.
What you will learn
- Mechanics of Materials
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Dynamic System Modeling
- Machine Design
- Sensors, Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Computing
- Numerical Methods for Engineering
- Heat Transfer
Salaries in Utah
Starting salaries vary depending on the region, workplace and skill level.
Median Utah wage:
The Mechanical Engineering BS program at Weber State University is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (https://www.abet.org).
Program Educational Objectives
The Objectives of the Mechanical Engineering undergraduate program are to educate graduates to become productive, accountable, and responsible professionals in engineering who will:
- Be employed in an engineering or other physical science/technology field in a position that utilizes the curriculum knowledge and skills developed in the Mechanical Engineering program.
- Use their mechanical engineering education as a stimulus for personal and professional growth to pursue advanced degrees in engineering or other fields.
- Engage students in activities to produce graduates who communicate and work effectively and ethically with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Be independent and critical thinkers who identify problems and develop effective solutions through creativity, and the application of knowledge.
ABET ME Student Outcomes are:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
The WSU Mechanical Engineering program has applied for accreditation by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET. Evaluation of the program will take place fall semester 2020.
Mechanical Engineering Enrollment and Graduate Data: