- MBA Applications should be completed online - please follow the instructions on the application page. You must create a user account, and can save the application, and login to further edit and add information before before final submission of the application.
- Online applicants may upload their resumes.
- Official copies of transcripts, international transcript evaluations, TOEFL scores, and GMAT or GRE scores should be sent directly to the MBA Program Office.
- Applicants must enter e-mail addresses of those providing references, and they will be contacted by e-mail to upload their recommendations online. For references without e-mail addresses, please provide those sending references with the Letter of Recommendation form.
- When you have completed the application, please print and keep a copy of your completed application for your records.
Application Checklist in Brief
- Bachelor's degree in any field. The minimum required for admission is a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, admission consideration may be based on a GPA calculated based on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate work. The average undergraduate GPA for successful applicants is 3.4.
- Goddard School MBA application form (online)
- Essays (essay questions are listed in the application)
- Two letters of recommendation (recommendation forms found in the online application)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (unofficial transcripts from Weber State University acceptable)
- Official GMAT or GRE score report sent directly to the MBA office from the testing service (see below for exceptions policy)
- Current Resume
- $60.00 application fee (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS score report, or ESL / LEAP transcripts sent directly to the MBA Office (international applicants only.
Each application must be accompanied by a $60 (U.S.) MBA application fee (NON-REFUNDABLE) ($80 for international / non-U.S. resident applicants) (NON-REFUNDABLE). This may be paid online with a credit card using the online application form. Personal checks or money orders are also accepted, and should be made payable to Weber State University and sent to the MBA Program Office at the address below. Please make sure your name is clearly written on your check. Applications will not be reviewed until payment is received.
ONLINE applicants need only fill out the online application form. Paper-based applications to the MBA program necessitates a separate application to Weber State University. International applicants must submit all application materials to the MBA program and to Weber State University at least 60 days prior to their proposed date of entry to the program in order to allow for international admission requirements.
Applicants should upload a current resume in the online application form. The resume should include telephone numbers and an e-mail address as well as a summary of educational background and work experience.
Applicants are responsible for submitting a complete application. If your application is incomplete at the time of submission, it will be held until missing items are submitted. Applicants may logon to their application portal to check which elements of their applications have been received.
Notification of Admissions Decision
Each application is reviewed in depth by the MBA Admissions Committee. Decisions are made only after thoughtful weighing of all the evidence provided to us by each candidate and with careful consideration given to the overall balance of participants we seek for the MBA Program.
Official transcripts of your academic record should be sent directly from the institutions in question to the MBA Program Office. Transcripts may be sent from the applicant if they are left unopened in the original, SEALED envelopes in which you receive them.
Applicants are exempt from the GMAT/GRE requirement under the following circumstances:
- if you have successfully completed one semester of college algebra (Math 1050) AND;
- if you have previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally-accredited university (or international equivalent) OR;
- if your undergraduate GPA and relevant career experience match the following criteria:
- 3.5+ GPA and 5+ years of relevant career experience
- 3.0 - 3.5 GPA and 10+ years of relevant career experience
Exemptions must be approved by the MBA Program. To see if you are eligible, email an updated resume and unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your request for a GMAT/GRE waiver EARLY in the application process. It may take several days to receive a response.
If you do not meet the GMAT/GRE exemption criteria, your application will not be considered complete without GMAT/GRE scores and percentiles reported. If the MBA Program Office has not received an official score report at the time you submit your application, you should report your scores from the computerized test. You should also enclose a copy of the unofficial score report that you received from the GMAT testing center (please note that the GRE does not provide unofficial test scores upon completion of the exam).
In addition to the online MBA application, international applicants will need to complete additional materials in order to comply with university and United States INS regulations. For a checklist of additional items required, please contact the International Student and Scholar Center at 801-626-6853, or go to https://weber.edu/SIS/Internationaladmissions.html .
International applicants are required to furnish proof that they have earned the equivalent to a US bachelor's degree for college/university course work completed outside of the United States. To do this you will need to send an original copy of your undergraduate transcript to a Foreign Credentials Evaluation company and request both a degree and course-by-course transcript evaluation. An official copy of the evaluation report must be sent to the MBA Program office, so that this information can be added to your MBA application. Please go to http://weber.edu/SIS/Foreign_Credentials.html for a list of credential evaluation companies accepted by WSU.
International applicants must be able to comprehend and speak English fluently, as well as read and write English competently. Candidates from non-English-speaking countries are required to establish proof of English language competency unless they received their bachelor's degree from a university in which the language of instruction was English. This may consist of one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - applicants may have an official score report sent to the MBA Office which is not more than two years old and on which a minimum score of 550 (paper-based); 213 (computer-based), or 79-80 (internet-based) has been earned.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - applicants may have an official score report sent to the MBA Office which is not more than two years old and on which a minimum score of 6.5 has been earned.
- Completion of a program for learning English as a second language at a regionally-accredited, U.S. institution of higher learning, such as English as a Second Language (ESL), or the Learning English for Academic Purposes(LEAP) program at Weber State University.
Letters of Recommendation
An applicant is required to furnish two recommendations, at least one of which should be from someone who has known you in a professional context, preferably a supervisor. Online applicants must enter e-mail addresses of those providing references, and they will be contacted by e-mail to upload their recommendations online. For references without e-mail addresses, please provide those sending references with the email@example.com email address.
If you are mailing any application materials directly, use a 9" x 12" (or page-sized) envelope to mail your application. Do not insert application materials into a binder or notebook of any kind. Print your name and return address on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope. Mail to:
MBA Admissions Committee
Weber State University Davis
2750 N. University Park Blvd. MC102
Layton, UT 84041-9099
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact MBA Department Secretary Sally Taylor at 801-395-3519 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in the Goddard MBA program and look forward to receiving your application.
There are two main application deadlines for successful applicants who wish to begin the program during the Fall or Spring Semester. In addition, we now offer early decision deadlines for those who wish to begin their studies during an earlier 8-week course block.
Please note that we do not admit applicants on a rolling basis: complete applications are considered by the MBA Admissions Committee only at meetings after each application deadline. The MBA Admissions Committee considers applications during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
Upcoming application deadlines.
Application cycle deadlines (Spring, Summer and Fall 2019 Semester start):
- Application deadline September 1st, 2019 - admitted applicants may start Fall 2019 Session II (starts October) or Spring 2020 Session I (starts January)
- Application deadline November 1st, 2019 - admitted applicants may start Spring 2020 Session I or II (starts January)
- Application deadline March 1st, 2020 - admitted applicants may begin classes during Summer 2020 Session I (starts May).
- Application deadline June 1st, 2020 - admitted applicants may start Fall 2020 Session I (starts August)