Vision Statement: Celebrating the fullness of who you are, where you are.
Mission Statement: Cultivating a welcoming and safe environment for the LGBT community, their family, friends and allies through access learning and support.
Goals and Outcomes
- To provide educational opportunities that enhance the academic, personal and professional growth of our LGBT community, their family, friends and allies to improve understanding and support through community building.
- Speakers Bureau
- Social Activities
- Examples of these opportunities include but are not limited to: PRIDE Parade, Black and White Ball, National Day of Silence/Night of Noise, National Coming Out Day, Safe Zone Training, Matthew Shepard Remembrance, Block Party, Transgender Education Awareness Month, Ally Programs
- To develop collaborative opportunities that integrate services and resources on and off campus that support student success.
- Providing connections for on and off campus resources
- Integrating resources and services between the campus and community
- Developing a LGBT Advisory Council
- Connecting with local high school GSA’s for support and student retention
- Partnering with the Center for Community Engaged Learning
- To enhance the “welcomeness,” inclusion and safety of the campus for the LGBT community, their family, friends and allies.
- Safe Zone Training
- Mental, physical, emotional, spiritual support and referral
- Judgment free zone
- Multiple access points in the new Center as well as the LGBT Lounge
- To develop and cultivate the ally community both on and off campus.
- Create an Advisory Council that includes campus and community members
- Supportive of PFLAG/Mormons Building Bridges/OUTreach, etc.
- To activate and engage in the continual improvement of the LGBT Resource Center programs and services
- Annual needs assessment of students, faculty and staff
- Ongoing evaluation of programs and services for effectiveness every three years