Matthew Shepard Scholarship
The purpose of this endowed scholarship is to support students at Weber State University who identify as a sexual or gender minority as well as their allies. It is a goal of this scholarship to educate individuals about issues concerning sexual and gender minorities and to create an atmosphere of support and nurturing for all students at Weber State University.
Scholarship applications are taken during Spring Semester and scholarships are awarded for the academic year starting in fall semester. Scholarship Awards can cover resident tuition, books, fees and other educational expenses.
The Weber State University Matthew Shepard Scholarship strives to:
- Build awareness of the academic achievements and community service of sexual and gender minority students at Weber State University.
- Encourage recipients to complete their studies and become an engaged, supportive community leader.
- Raise the hopes and aspirations of sexual and gender minority students, many of whom strive against great obstacles.
- Build a healthier and more positive understanding of sexual and gender minorities both among themselves and in the public mind.
For more information please contact:
Women's Center and LGBT Resource Center
- Donations to the Matthew Shepard Scholarship can be made through the Weber State University Development Office.
- Scholarship History