2022 - 2023 LatinX Grad Ceremony
- Saturday, April 22, 2023
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Located in the Austad Theater, Val A. Browning Center.
- Who can participate in celebration
About the LatinX Grad Ceremony:
The LatinX Grad Ceremony (LGC) is an intimate celebration that honors the achievements of graduating students who identify as LatinX/Hispanics. The ceremony also honors families, friends, and those who have supported them through their academic journey. The graduation celebration was created by students for students with the intention of bringing awareness to their own stories.
The LatinX Grad Ceremony is not an alternative or replacement of WSU’s commencement. It is an empowering cultural celebration including English and Spanish speakers along with performances representing our cultural roots from the Americas. Weber State University has a strong LatinX community with many of our graduates growing up in the surrounding neighborhoods. This event seeks to continue inspiring future generations of youth that LatinX students do succeed in college. The ceremony was brought to Ogden by the Weber State University’s MEChA chapter, in hopes to continue the push of the LatinX community in higher education.
All participants of the Latinx Grad Celebration (LGC) must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Undergraduate and graduate participants must have formally applied for graduation through the University and be eligible to participate in the University Commencement exercises.
- Participants must be graduating from the University in one of the following terms: fall 2022, spring 2023, and summer 2023.
- Participants must be present at the mandatory LGC meetings and the rehearsal.
Captured moments of the LatinX Grad Ceremony