Current International Student Scholarship
Scholarship applications are accepted during the spring semester, and scholarships are awarded for the academic year starting the following fall semester. Scholarship awards may cover tuition, fees and other educational expenses. The scholarship supports an international student for one academic year and encourages him/her to be engaged with the ISSC.
Scholarship Eligibility & Application
- Be a current F-1 undergraduate international student in good status.
- Be paying Weber State University out-of-state student tuition using personal or familial funds (not institutional or government-sponsored students).
- Be enrolled at WSU, with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Have a minimum WSU GPA of 3.0.
- Have completed at least one semester at WSU and have earned a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Not be a recipient of the new/transfer international student scholarship (e.g. Louis F. Moench or Aaron W. Tracy scholarships).
- Demonstrate financial hardship via a written statement which includes any available documentation.
- Be employed on campus as a student worker from 15 to 20 hours per week.
Administration of the Scholarship:
- The number of scholarships available to be given and the amount of each scholarship awarded will be determined annually, based on available funds. The maximum amount that can be awarded to a single student is $6,000. The eligibility and amount will be determined by a scholarship committee based on a combination of need and academic merit.
- The awarded amount is paid out in equally divided payments applied for the following Fall and Spring semesters (e.g. a $6,000 awarded scholarship results in $3000 being paid out for Fall and $3000 for Spring).
- The scholarship(s) awarded may only be used towards Weber State University tuition and fees. The scholarship is applied to the out-of-state tuition and fees only. No cash award is involved.
- Term limit: This is a one-year scholarship; however, reapplication is possible.
- GPA: Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and maintain a 3.0 GPA through the award period. Students with higher GPA's will receive higher consideration by the selection committee.
- Complete the WSU Scholarship Application, which is available at the WSU Student Portal.
- Upload a personal statement addressing your financial need, academic performance, current, and future goals with the application by May 15, 2020.
- Once the applications are reviewed and the selection is completed, you will be notified of the results via email.
The International Student Scholarship is administered by a selection committee consisting of Weber State University staff/ faculty members. The chair of the committee will ensure that all applicants are eligible to receive the scholarship. The committee will review applicants' essays and determine finalists to be interviewed by the committee.
For more information or questions, please contact: Mary Machira | firstname.lastname@example.org