J-1 Visiting Researchers, Profs. & Short-Term Scholars
Begin at least 3 months prior to expected arrival.
Department Communicates with Scholar.
Department submits the following documents to the ISSC.
- Department Initiation Form
- Invitation letter
Scholar submits the following documents to the department.
- $95 Application Fee
- Financial documents showing at least $3,000 per month; $1,000 per month for a spouse and $700 per month for each child.
- J-1 Visiting Scholar DS-2019 Application
- Copy of ID passport page
- Curricula Vitae
- Proof of English Proficiency by the Scholar or English Proficiency by the Department
- Proof of Health Insurance coverage (can enroll through university provided insurance for international students. Contact ISSC (email@example.com).
Hosting department submits documents to the ISSC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Scholar schedules an appointment at a U.S. Consulate/Embassy for a J-1 visa interview.
Report to the ISSC for check-in within 5 days of arrival.
Scholar provides the following documents upon arrival.
- Signed DS-2019
- Copy of Visa
- Proof of health insurance coverage