Steps to Apply: F-1 International Students
Weber State University is a great choice for international students because of our small class sizes, on-campus housing, low cost, scholarships, and an excellent English Language learning program (LEAP). Weber State University is located next to beautiful mountains in the safe town of Ogden, Utah. We have over 200 accredited Bachelor degrees and 13 Master degrees in the most popular fields today. Most programs are open enrollment, and applying is easy!
Complete the International Student Application
You will be able to upload most required documents online.
- APPLICATION FEE
$65 USD payable online with credit card. Please email us if you are unable to pay online.
A clear copy of the identification page of your passport
- EDUCATIONAL RECORDS
Official transcripts of your academic records and a diploma showing date of completion. Include certified translation into English if necessary.
Note: High School Transcripts are not required if you are applying to LEAP or “English language only” courses, or if you have passed at least 30 degree-seeking credits at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
Weber State University offers an English Language Program (LEAP) for students who have not taken the TOEFL or IELTS, or who have scores below the requirements. A conditional acceptance letter can be issued for most programs. For admission to an academic program of study, you must complete one of the following:
- TOEFL: 500 paper-based or 61 internet-based (please request official results sent to WSU using school code 4941)
- IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum score of 5.0 on each section.
- SAT Critical Reading score of 420
- ACT English score of 17
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma at an accredited high school
- Attended a U.S. high school for at least 3 years
- Received a grade of “C” or better in a college-level English Composition Course (equal to WSU’s English 1010) at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- BANK STATEMENT AND BANK LETTER
A bank statement and bank letter that shows the account holder’s full name, the currency type, the balance of the account, and a signature and stamp from a bank official on bank letterhead (needs to be in English). The amount in the bank account should be more than the Cost Estimate (equal to one year tuition and all other expenses) found here.
- DEPENDENT REQUEST: If you are planning to bring a spouse or children as a dependent, please complete the Dependent I-20 Request Form and submit the documents requested in the form.
(students transferring from schools within the United States)
- Send official transcripts sent from ALL schools you have attended in the United States.
- Provide a copy of your VISA and copies of all I-20’s you have been issued.
- If you are transferring from a college or university within the United States, you will need to inform the school you are currently attending that you wish to transfer to Weber State University and submit a Transfer Authorization form.
If you would like to receive credit for your work from any colleges or universities that you have attended outside of the United States, you will need to have your credits evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation company. For a list of approved companies, go to: https://www.naces.org/members.html You will need to have the evaluation done course-by- course.
- Graduate students must first apply accepted by the individual graduate program before the admission can be processed for Weber State University. Once accepted, please send your financial documents to the International Admissions Office (email@example.com) so that we can process your I-20.
- Visit the following website: weber.edu/graduateprograms for links programs and their admission requirements.
- Please note! Most graduate programs require a GPA of at least 3.0 (out of 4.0), a TOEFL score of 80 or IELTS of 6.5, and the GMAT or GRE test.
Once all required documents have been received we will review your application and make an admissions decision. Please allow a few days to a week for processing. If you do not hear from the admissions office after two weeks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.