Discover possible career opportunities with a minor in International Studies along with tips on how to get into Foreign Service and the United Nations.
- Foreign Service
- Governmental agencies (Department of State, CIA, NSA, Department of Defense, etc.)
- International organizations and NGOs
- Local NGOs (refugees, immigration, etc.)
- International Law and Social Justice
- Private sector (multinational corporations, international banking, non-profit organizations, journalism, etc.)
- International education and development
- Humanitarian and human rights
- Global health assistance
- International law and related domestic law
- Public research specialist
- Linguistics specialist
- Congressional offices
- Campaign management
- Jobs for local organizations
- Local, national, & international jobs and internships through your Weber account. For assistance, see Career Services.
- Job board of employers that promote diversity
- Humanitarian job postings
- Offers internships and jobs for over 20,000 employers.
General Career Tips
- Be clear and concise.
- Do not include anything from high school.
- Make sure to also talk about transferable or "soft" skills.
- Refer to Career Services PDF Resume Guide
- Refer to Career Services PDF Cover Letter
- Dress appropriately.
- Punctuality is key.
- Use the STAR method when answering questions.
- Refer to Career Services PDF Interview Guide
Online Presence Tips
- Be smart with social media. Monitor what is public & private.
- Have an online presence such as LinkedIn profile.
- See the PDF LinkedIn Profile checklist.
More Career Information