Human Performance Lab
To support the key goals of Weber State University, Moyes College of Education, and the Department of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, the Human Performance Lab provides access to hands-on learning experiences for exercise and sports science students by providing opportunities to conduct fitness testing and research using state-of-the-art equipment. The Human Performance Lab is not only committed to providing a high-quality education to students but also to enhance the health of the surrounding community by providing fitness testing services to community members.
Our mission is to provide high impact educational experiences for students through opportunities to conduct exercise science research and fitness testing on individuals from the WSU and local communities.
Our goal is to be a local leader in cutting-edge exercise science research and provide state of the art exercise testing for the WSU community and surrounding areas.
For the next few weeks, the HP Lab is only available for academic classes.
If you schedule your appointment before 7 am or after 4 pm, parking is free. However, if your appointment is between those hours, you must either:
- Park in lot A7 and use a metered parking space. The meters only take quarters and one quarter is good for 15 minutes, so plan accordingly.
- Park in the paid parking lot by the Browning Center and Kimball Arts Center
- View the parking map here!
Please download and print each form and complete them to the best of your knowledge. Then bring them with you to your appointment.
Please follow the instructions for the test(s) that you are doing. This will help ensure that they are done accurately and in a timely manner.
Instructions for all Exercise Tests
- Wear proper footwear (athletic shoes).
- Wear appropriate clothes to exercise in (usually shorts and T-shirt are best). If you are having BODPOD testing done, bring tight clothing (e.g. swimsuit, spandex shorts and sports bra).
- Prior to your fitness testing, please pay at the customer service desk in the Swenson Gym and ask for an extra copy of the receipt for lab records. You may pay with either cash or card.
Please be aware that there is some inherent risk associated with fitness testing and assessment. If at any time, during any test, you wish to stop the test, please tell the staff immediately so they can stop the test safely.
Location: Wildcat Center for Health Education and Wellness (WI) Room 112