You’ll have the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in the following professional competencies:
- Conceptual and practical understanding of the issues, trends, and foundations of the recreation field.
- Leadership development targeting decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and group dynamics.
- Program design and implementation to assess client needs, intentionally design recreation experiences, facilitate activities and evaluate program effectiveness.
- Technical skills in a variety of recreational activities that range from team sports and fitness to backpacking, skiing, and snowboarding, rock climbing, and kayaking.
- Management skills with an emphasis on risk management, program evaluation, entrepreneurship, finance, and marketing.