skip to content
  • Calendar
  • Maps

Financial Support

The process for applying for financial aid is the same for graduate students as for undergraduate students. Student aid can be a combination of loans, grants or scholarships. Visit the WSU Financial Aid website for more information.


Weber State University participates in the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP), administered by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education. Through WRGP, Weber State offers a resident tuition rate to qualified nonresident students from other WICHE member states for all of our graduate programs. Individual programs will have more information available about this scholarship opportunity.

No separate application is required. However, you will need to declare your residency to one of the WICHE states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, U.S. Pacific Territories and Freely Associated States (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and Guam), Utah, Washington and Wyoming.


Grants are available for up to $500 to graduate students for travel-related expenses, such as hotel, registration fees and transportation.

  • For mileage reimbursement, the cost of driving must be equal to or less than the cost of flying.
  • Only one student per project may be funded. Exceptions can be made for projects requiring more than one student (i.e., musical accompanist).
  • No rental car requests allowed.
  • No per diem requests allowed.
  • No fuel expenses allowed.
  • All WSU travel must be purchased on a WSU purchasing Card (p-card).
  • Retroactive expenses and faculty mentor expenses will NOT be funded.
  • Students who have graduated have a six-month window to travel to present research.
  • Only one travel grant can be awarded per student per project.
  • There is no deadline for this grant. However, students need to submit travel grants at least eight weeks PRIOR to the registration deadline and/or travel reservations.
  • Submit your completed Research Travel Grant Application.