Mountains of opportunities
Strategic planning is the base of any successful organization. We are proud to share the Mountains of Opportunities we have identified and our path to success.
At the base of our strategic plan is our mission and vision. Upon that, we identify our distinguishing values and guiding principles. With that solid base, we define key strategic initiatives to meet our student learning goals. Explore each element of our Strategic Plan by navigating the icons, or view our full plan.
STUDENT LEARNING GOALS
- Globally informed
- Analytically and technically able
- Ethically and socially responsible
- Knowledge of key business disciplines
- Teamwork, collaboration and communication
- Building Bridges to Goddard
- Transforming the Learning Environment
- Connecting Students to Curriculum & Communities
- Integrating & Expanding Technology, Analytics, and Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum
- Utilization of research to further learning
- Advancement within & across disciplines
- Application of Theory to Practice
- Teaching & Learning
- A coordinated curriculum aligned with market needs
- A personal touch to serving students
- A flex-paced program that accommodates the needs of working students
- An affordable educational investment
- Students & employers
- University, college, department, program
- Profession, global
- Scholarly Releance
- We advance and disseminate research relevant to our scholarly communities, business practitioners, and broader society
- Student Focus
- We help our students develop the knowledge, skills, and ethics valued by contemporary business & necessary for our society.
- Constructive Service
- We contribute time and expertise to the support of our campus and communities.
We will be a leader among our peer institutions in providing undergraduate and masters level business and economics education. Through the educational experiences we create, our students will be able to transform themselves into leaders who grow their communities and positively impact the world. We will be known for our scholarship, our commitment to the communities we serve, and our ability to prepare capable graduates.
The John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics provides quality undergraduate and graduate education for developing professionals and career-oriented students. Degree programs are grounded in the university’s liberal arts tradition and focused on synthesis of theory across disciplines, the application of theory to practice and the enhancement of professional skills. While we are primarily a regional institution, we seek to prepare our students to succeed in the global economy.