Gamma Theta Upsilon (GTU) is an international honor society in geography.
Founded in 1928, GTU became a national organization in 1931. Members meet academic requirements and share a background and interest in geography.
GTU's goals are:
- To further professional interest in geography by affording a common organization for those interested in the field.
- To strengthen student and professional training through academic experiences in addition to those of the classroom and laboratory.
- To advance the status of geography as a cultural and practical discipline for study and investigation.
- To encourage student research of high-quality, and to promote an outlet for publication.
- To create and administer funds for furthering graduate study and/or research in the field of geography.
Visit Gamma Theta Upsilon’s website for more information.