The Department of Geography offers departmental honors, a way to recognize students who have attained the highest academic achievement, in collaboration with the Honors Program.
Why Earn Departmental Honors?
Earning departmental honors identifies you as an exceptional student to graduate programs and prospective employers.
- Complete all the required course work for one of the geography major tracks
- Maintain a cumulative overall GPA of 3.5 and a GPA of 3.7 in the major
- Earn an A in Geography 4990 – Senior Seminar
- Complete a minimum of 20 documented hours of major-related service. (For example, an internship working at the Ogden Nature Center or tutoring.)
- Demonstrate an interest and expertise in research by making a professional presentation at, for example, the WSU Undergraduate Research Conference, the Association of American Geographers meeting or the Intermountain Sustainability Summit (held at WSU).