(1 position open, 2 credit hours)
- Assist in leading weight management support group
- Assist in leading various health education courses
- Lead various health education classes (blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose)
- Potential to conduct wellness coaching
- General office work and additional tasks/projects as needed.
Interns will also need to complete a special project. This will include reviewing past needs assessment data, developing a three-hour education class, implementing the class, and evaluating impact.
If time permits, intern will also provide a "lunch and learn" style presentation based on a predetermined topic.
Interns would need to be able to complete their hours over the course of at least two days (Tuesday-Friday). Preferably, hours will take place between 11:00 am - 4:00 pm as this is when most educational classes are held.
Preferred completed coursework:
- HLTH 3200 (Methods in Health Education)
- HLTH 4013 (Health Promotion Research and Assessment)
- HLTH 4150 (Needs Assessment & Planning)
- HLTH 4700* (Wellness Coaching)
*Required for wellness coaching