Identification Cards

Wildcard Office Web Page

Picture identification cards are issued to all salaried employees and non-salaried adjunct & clinical faculty. Your identification card is required for the following:

  • Library material checkout 
  • Discounts on tickets for athletic and cultural events
  • Discounts on purchases at the bookstore
  • Access to physical education facilities
  • Use of Union Building facilities (movies, bowling)
  • Other activities sponsored by the University 

To obtain your ID card, pick up an Employee Authorization slip from the Human Resource Department and go to the Shepherd Student Union Building Information Desk. The card will be made while you wait. They will not issue a card without the Employee Authorization slip. If you terminate your employment you are required to return your ID card to the Human Resource Office.

ID cards are available for spouses and dependent children of salaried employees. The process is the same as for employees, however there is a small one-time fee.

Dependent children must be 18 years or older to obtain a Dependent ID card. The employee must accompany the dependent to the Union Building and present a birth certificate or driver's license to verify dependent’s age. Younger children of full-time salaried employees may use some campus facilities in the company of an adult with a WSU Wildcard. The dependent card does not secure a discount at the WSU Bookstore or allow children to check-out library materials.