Accommodated Testing Center
Hours: Mon.-Thurs.: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The last exam will be given at 3 p.m. and must be completed by 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The last exam will be given at 2:30 p.m. and must be completed by 4:30 p.m.
Davis Campus by appointment only.
All exams must be completed when the office closes.
Student Services Center (SC), Room 181
D2, Room 256
- Exams must be scheduled 48 hours in advance, it is recommended you schedule your test as early as possible.
- If you need to schedule an exam outside of our office hours, please contact our office at (801) 626-6896.
- DS adheres to the same guidelines as other WSU testing centers. Food, drinks, hats, glasses, bags, etc. will not be permitted in the testing rooms.
- Students must be authorized to receive testing accommodations. If you are unsure if you are authorized to receive testing accommodations, or are unsure about what the accommodations are, please make an appointment with your advisor.
Scheduling a Quiz/Test with Disability Services (DS)
→Schedule a test by contacting the DS front desk staff in person or over the phone.
- Disability Services Ogden: 801-626-6896
- Disability Services Davis: 801-395-3442
→Before contacting DS to schedule your test, be prepared with the following information:
- Name and W#
- Course Information: instructor name, course name and number, days/times course is taught
- Day/Time you wish to take your test
- DS stops giving out tests 2 hours before our posted closing time. Be sure to schedule your time wisely. The Ogden and Davis campus Disability Services offices have different testing days/times to accommodate student schedules.
- Type of Test: paper, Scantron, or Chi Tester
- Where DS can pick up/drop off the test: specific testing center, department office, Chi Tester
- Any additional accommodations/needs you may have regarding your test
→If you cannot make your testing appointment:
please contact DS as soon as possible to reschedule. Students who show up late to their testing appointment may be asked to reschedule for another day/time.
Test Administration Procedures
The following Test Administration Procedures must be followed by the student and employee to ensure the security and validity of all tests administered by this department. Any deviation from these procedures must be reported immediately to the program Director.
- All tests given by or proctored by DS must be picked up and returned by an employee of this department. Individual instructors may also pick up and deliver exams if they choose to do so. Under no circumstances are students permitted to pick up or return exams unless accompanied by an authorized employee.
- Whenever possible, tests should be picked up and returned on the same day they are to be taken.
- Students must schedule for all exams at the Ogden Campus at least 24 hours in advance of the time requested to take the exam. Other facilities, such as the Davis Campus, require at least 48 hours notice.
- Unless specified in writing by the instructor, students are not permitted to have notes, books, calculators or other materials in the testing room while taking the exam.
- Office personnel will periodically perform a sight check on students taking exams. This procedure is necessary to ensure test security and to assure faculty that all tests are being administered in a fair manner. Please note that testing rooms may also be monitored by camera.
- Tester Readers are to act only as 'eyes' for the student and are not permitted to add or delete material to or from an exam. No information can be inferred through body language or voice inflection.
- Students taking an exam are required to complete the exam in one sitting unless arrangements have been made before the exam is taken. No student will ever be allowed study time to prepare for a portion of an exam that the student has already seen or heard.
- All test materials will be kept in a secure file cabinet in the testing coordinator's office. Only authorized personnel have access to the keys for this cabinet.
- Cell phones, pagers, PDAs, and other devices of this nature are not permitted in the testing rooms.
- Restroom breaks are highly discouraged except in those unique situations where required as per an authorized accommodation. Please use the restroom prior to beginning any test.
- All paper tests administered by this department will be accompanied by a receipt. Student and course information will be documented on this receipt, plus the time and place that the exam will be picked up and dropped off. The receipt must be signed by the individual who receives the exam when it is delivered back to the department, instructor, or testing center.
- All paper exams administered by this department that are picked up from other testing centers will be accompanied by a receipt.